Dixie Shootout Region Family Membership
Dixie Shootout Membership is $20 per family per year and must be completed online prior to racing. These fees will be used to offset the costs associated with the race directors, flagmen and keep ticket prices minimal for year-end banquet. The $20 per family fee is required regardless of the driver’s home track and region.
HQMA is located at 4275 E Schrimsher Ln SW, Huntsville, AL 35805. See the HQMA page for directions and additional information.
- Race fee is $60 per car
- Registration will be online and opens May 11th at 7PM EST. Online registration closes at 10PM EST on Thursday prior to the scheduled event. Onsite registration and sign-ins will ONLY be open from 7-8AM on Saturday, the day of the event. If you fail to complete online registration there will be an additional cost of $10 per car. Late registration is anyone registering after onsite registration closes (8AM) on the day of the event. Late registration is permitted however the fee is an additional $35 per car. Late registrants will start at the tail of the last heat race for their class and will not receive passing points, but only points accumulated through their finishing position in their heat race.
Parking will be 1st come/1st serve, but due to limited space, racers may be parked where it better serves the plan
Schedule of Events
No practice the week prior to event.
Sign-ins will be held Friday night from 5PM-6PM.
Controlled practice will be held Friday before the event at 6PM.
- There is no additional cost for Friday night practice.
Driver/handler meeting at 8AM on Saturday.
- Driver/handler meeting should take no longer than 30 min.
- Meeting will be followed by controlled practice.
- Sunday will be used for racing, if needed.
The track will NOT supply fuel. You need to purchase 87 Octane from Fuel City, 3001 Johnson Rd SW, Huntsville, AL 35805. Remember to drain your tank completely and use fuel purchased the morning of the race.
A sample from the above station will be taken race morning and cars that are subjected to post-race Tech Inspection may be checked for proper gas, at the discretion of the Tech Director, using a fuel testing device. If post-race testing indicates improper fuel and/or additives, it will result in a race disqualification.
Starting positions will be set by heat races. Transponders are not required.
Hampton Inn Arsenal South
They are offering a discounted rate of $109/nt with FREE continental breakfast.
Double Tree Suites by Hilton
They are offering a discounted rate of $109/nt plus FREE breakfast ($15 value)
Hilton Garden Inn
They are offering a discounted rate of $109/nt
These are all located just a couple of miles from the track. To receive discount give them the code HQMA.
More to follow on sponsors
No curfew. Sunday will be used for racing, if needed.