All RED Rookies must run a locked, left rear hub for all Dixie Shootout regional race events. If you have any question about running locked, contact your Rookie Trainer.
Due to the weather forecast for this weekend, the region race at Music City Quarter Midget Association has been rescheduled to April 22nd. If you pre-registered, your race fees will be applied to the next region race you attend. If you have any questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s almost race season!!! Membership for the 2017 Dixie Shootout Regional Series is online this year. The annual cost is $20 per family and you can use your PayPal account or a debit/credit card. Prior to the first region race, please go complete your membership at http://dixieshootout.com/2017-membership/.
As part of your Dixie Shootout membership, you’ll receive a hard copy of the 2017 rulebook at the first race of the season. This year, members (in addition to vendors) can purchase custom ads for the rulebook. When completing your membership, you will have the opportunity to purchase an ad. Ads are $55.00 for a full page and $22.50 for half page.
The Dixie Shootout Banquet will be held on November 5th. There will not be a rain out date for the November 4th region race. In the event of rain, the updated rain out rules/points will apply.
- Rainout rules modified as of 6/6/16 and Dixie Shootout rainout rules will mirror USAC (Appendix III, page 6)
- Entire event rained out or any class that has not completed Qualifying (must be signed-in before event is called). Drivers in all class/divisions will be awarded 30 (thirty) points.
- All qualifying has been completed and A Mains / Lower Mains are rained out.
- A-Main drivers awarded 45 points
- B-main drivers awarded 21 points
- C-main drivers awarded 10 points
- Heat Races and Lower Mains have been completed and A mains are rained out. A main drivers awarded 45 points.
- Double race weekend registration rules (Applies to Huntsville race in September 2016):
- Registration opens Friday, 9/2 from 5-7pm and Saturday from 7-8am. Late registration will be open for 1 hour on Sunday (or 2nd day’s event) however anyone registering late will start at the rear of the lowest main.
- Rookie 15 min time limit: Timer will only pause for medical red and track repairs. Timer will not stop for red flags to lineup rookies.
- Rookies: Max 6 cars per race
Round#6 region race is this weekend at Metro Atlanta Quarter Midget Track in Braselton, Georgia. Be sure to register online at https://www.maqma.info/registration.html.
Next region race is June 11th at Music City Quarter Midget Track. Please go online to mcqmra.net to pre-register.